72(t) | Ed Slott and Company, LLC


When you sign up for a 72(t) plan, if your IRA primarily has fixed income securities (CDs, bonds, etc)- what happens if there is not enough uninvested cash in the account to cover the annual rquired distribution? In other words, if there is not enough cash/money market to pay the distribution, will the brokerage house redeem a CD or bond to meet the needed distribution amount- or what??

Since I addressed this on the 72net site, I think I'll lay low here for now and let you get the benefit of another independent opinion on this.

Find members of Ed Slott's Elite IRA Advisor GroupSM in your area.
We neither keep nor share your information entered on this form.

I agree to the terms and services:

You may review the terms and conditions here.