US citizen living/working in Canada | Ed Slott and Company, LLC

US citizen living/working in Canada

I'm currently working as a postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Toronto in Canada. Because of a lot of bureaucratic nonsense regarding the way I'm paid, I'm not eligible to put my money in a Canadian RRSP account. Would I be eligible to open an IRA account even though I only have Canadian income? And if so, what are the tax implications for me as far as my US filing is concerned? Thanks for your help!

Find members of Ed Slott's Elite IRA Advisor GroupSM in your area.
We neither keep nor share your information entered on this form.

I agree to the terms and services:

You may review the terms and conditions here.